Monday, April 6, 2009

Trace Adkins And His ACM Award

Trace Adkins receives his first ACM Award since 1996, and has received home honors in 2009 for Single of the Year for 'You're Gonna Miss This.' Trace was very surprised about winning the ACM awards.

He said "I have to tell you the truth. This song was recorded by a father whose oldest daughter had just gotten married. It was very personal to me, and I didn't think other people would relate to it the way I did". "So it was put on a greatest hits album as a bonus track -- never gonna be a single, and Mike Dungan [President, Capitol Records Nashville] called one day and told me it was gonna be a single. And I said, 'Go ahead, but ain't nobody gonna play it.' I'm glad I'm an idiot!"

Trace Adkins also sang 'Til the Last Shot's Fired' on the ACM broadcast, backed by the West Point Glee Club choir. The performance was presented in support of the Wounded Warrior Project, which will receive all proceeds from iTunes downloads of the song.

"For more news about actors and movies, be sure to visit http://actors-and-movies.blogspot.com/"