Monday, February 23, 2009

Sean Penn - The Best Actor

Sean Penn has won the best-actor Academy Award for the second time with his win in the title role of "Milk."

Penn's first words upon taking the stage to accept his prize for playing the slain gay-rights pioneer were: "You commie, homo-loving sons of guns."

He has portrayed a slain San Francisco gay rights activist Harvey Milk in the movie Milk. Penn is now 48years old and has received his second Oscar of his career, the first being his 2004 win for his lead role as a grieving father in Mystic River.

"I did not expect this and I wanted to be very clear that I know how hard I make it to appreciate me," Penn said when he accepted the award.

Several critics called the performance the best of Penn's already storied and adaptable career, which took off after his breakthrough surfer-stoner role as Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

"For more news about actors and movies, be sure to visit http://actors-and-movies.blogspot.com/"